Established in 1993 by Irish Building magazine (the leading construction media brand for Ireland) the ICE Awards are the original and premier recognition of performance excellence for the contracting sector in Ireland, and provide an opportunity for the industry to highlight best performance across the full range of construction disciplines and project categories each year.
Surety Bonds are proud to be associated with the ICE (Irish Construction Excellence) Awards for another year. We believe it is important to recognise the high quality of work that many contractors within the Construction Industry deliver on behalf of their clients. We also believe that contractors and the teams within their organisation that deliver to such a high standard should be rewarded and applauded by their peers. We welcome the opportunity to be part of the drive to achieve excellence and show we are proud to be part of an industry which is endeavouring to push the boundaries of innovation and quality.
This year’s ICE Awards Gala Event will take place on 27th April 2023 at the Convention Centre, Dublin and will be hosted once again by comedian, actor, TV presenter & voice artist Deirdre O’Kane – Ireland’s ‘Queen of Comedy’.
An expert panel of 20 judges has been assembled from disciplines including construction management, engineering, architecture, and cost management. Following a lengthy review process, the judges have selected the 2023 finalists from the record number of entries registered.
Once again, Surety Bonds will be sponsoring the ‘Fit Out or Refurbishment’ categories, which this year comprises three awards, competed for by 15 finalists:
Fit Out or Refurbishment – Up to €5m
- RCSI Hybrid Office Fitout (Contractor: Murcom)
- General Motors (Contractor: FKM Fit Out)
- Advanced Manufacturing Training Centre of Excellence, Dundalk, Phase I for LMETB (Contractor: C.J. Callan Construction Ltd)
- Corporate Office Fit-Out (Contractor: Interiors by Sisk)
- GCID, Portershed, Bowling Green, Galway (Contractor: MJ Conroy Construction)
Fit Out or Refurbishment – €5m to €30m
- Tuath Housing – Park West Plaza Office to Residential Conversion (Contractor: Harcourt)
- Brown Thomas, Dundrum (Contractor: T&I Fitouts Ltd)
- NSQ2 Fit Out (Contractor: BAM Ireland)
- 16 St Stephens Green (Contractor: Flynn Management & Contractors Ltd)
Fit Out or Refurbishment – Over €30m
- Primark Belfast (Contractor: Bennett (Construction) Ltd)
- Central Plaza (Contractor: Stewart Construction)
- 10-12 Hanover Quay (Contractor: John Sisk & Son)
- Tropical Fruit Warehouse (Contractor: PJ Hegarty & Sons)
- Dublin Landings Block 4 & 5 (Contractor: Walls)
- MSD Biotech Dublin (Contractor: Jacobs)
The finalists now move forward to a face-to-face interview with judges on 29 & 30 March 2023 in the CCD. Unique to the ICE Awards, this interview stage sees finalists present to judges, showcasing their projects and holding Q&A sessions. This level of engagement is not only of great value to the entrants but also puts the judging process on a par with best international professional competition practice.
Stay tuned over the coming weeks in the run up to “Construction’s Big Night Out” on 27th April, as we showcase each of the finalists in the three Surety Bonds sponsored categories and take a closer look at the projects they were nominated for.
For more information on the ICE Awards see: