The ICE Awards celebrates excellence within Irish Construction industry. The adjudication process is a rigorous one and as such, these awards attract the best of the best across the industry including residential, commercial industrial, civil engineering, refurbishments and more. The ICE awards really is a showcase of Construction Excellence and the exceptional talent within the Irish Industry.
Surety Bonds are proud to be associated with the ICE Awards and have sponsored the ‘Fit Out or Refurbishment Category’ for a number of years now. 2020 will see Surety Bonds once again sponsor this category which year on year has showcased a broad range of spectacular projects.
Such is the scope of this Category, that 2020 sees it divided into 2 sub categories for the first time:
- Fit Out or Refurbishment Over €5m
- Fit Out or Refurbishment Under €5m
As per iceawards.ie:
“This category is open to Building or Specialist Contractors who demonstrate best practice in the refurbishment (including adaptation and extension), retrofit, or fit out of buildings which have been completed within the past 24 months. The project can be any type of Building including but not limited to residential, commercial, education, health, industrial, and public facilities.”
As always, the competition was tough this year with 6 strong finalists chosen for the Over €5m Award and a further 4 Finalists in the runnings for the Under €5m Award. We would like to wish each Project – Client and Contractors, the very best of luck.
The Fit Out or Refurbishment Over €5m Finalists:
- Project: The Masonry – Iconic Offices. Contractor: CGDM Construction Ireland Ltd.
- Project: Life Science Office, Dun Laoghaire. Contractor: Collen Construction
- Project: Roe & Co. Contractor: Flynn
- Project: Terminal 2, Dublin Airport Retail Duty Free. Contractor: Glenbeigh Construction Ltd.
- Project: 2 Windmill Lane (2WML). Contractor: John Paul Construction
- Project: Station Building II. Contractor: John Sisk & Son
The Fit Out or Refurbishment Under €5m Finalists:
- Project: IDA Ireland Global Headquarters, 3 Park Place, Dublin. Contractor: Castle Group
- Project: ConsenSys. Contractor: Sonica
- Project: Forecourt at Islamic Cultural Centre of Ireland, Clonskeagh. Contractor: Weslin Construction Ltd.
- Project: St. Bricin’s Park, Block 2, Senior Citizen’s Development. Contractor: Westside Civil Engineering Ltd. in association with Dublin City Council
The ICE Awards provides an opportunity for the industry to showcase and reward best practice across the full range of construction disciplines and project categories. The winners will be announced at the black tie Gala Event on Saturday 28th March 2020 at Dublin’s The Conventional Centre. We wish the judges the very best with their unenviable task of choosing the winners and we would like to congratulate all the finalists in being shortlisted for these prestigious national awards.
In the run up to the Awards Night, Surety Bonds will use our blog to showcase all 10 Finalists which have been shortlisted for the ‘Fit Out or Refurbishment’ category. There is great diversity amongst the finalists and all worthy of recognition.
Here’s to Mar 28th and seeing you all at “Construction’s Big Night Out”!
For more information on the ICE Awards see: http://iceawards.ie