Surety Bonds are proud to once again be associated with the ICE (Irish Construction Excellence) Awards, the original and premier recognition of performance excellence for the contracting sector in Ireland.
Established in 1993 by Irish Building magazine (the leading construction media brand for Ireland) the ICE Awards provide an opportunity for the industry to highlight best performance across the full range of construction disciplines and project categories each year.
This year’s Gala Event takes place on 14th May 2022 at the Convention Center, Dublin and will be hosted by Ireland’s reigning queen of comedy, Deirdre O’Kane.
An expert panel of 18 judges has been assembled from construction disciplines including construction management, engineering, architecture, and cost management.
Exclusive to the ICE Awards, the rigorous judging process includes an interview stage where finalists present and showcase their projects, and hold Q&A sessions with the panel of judges. This level of engagement is not only of great value to the entrants but also puts the judging process on a par with best international professional competition practice.
Once again, Surety Bonds will be sponsoring the ‘Fit Out or Refurbishment’ category, which this year has been sub-divided into:
- Fit Out or Refurbishment Over €10m
- Fit Out or Refurbishment Under €10m
“This category is open to Building or Specialist Contractors who demonstrate best practice in the refurbishment (including adaptation and extension), retrofit, or fit out of buildings that have been completed from 2019 to the end of 2021. The project can be any type of Building including but not limited to residential, commercial, education, health, industrial, and public facilities.”
Competition was as stiff as ever with 9 finalists shortlisted across the two categories.
The Fit Out or Refurbishment Over €10m Finalists 2022 are:
- Project: Edwards Lifesciences | Contractor: John Paul Construction
- Project: Zanzibar Locke | Contractor: Bennett (Construction) Ltd
- Project: VHI new Health and Wellbeing Medical Centre | Contractor: Elliott Group
- Project: Brewery Quarter Counting House | Contractor: BAM
- Project: Dublin Bus, Broadstone Garage | Contractor: Purcell Construction
The Fit Out or Refurbishment Under €10m Finalists 2022 are:
- Project: Fexco Innovation Centre and RDI Hub | Contractor: Vision Contracting Limited
- Project: Blackwater Distillery | Contractor: T&A Civil Engineering & Building contractors
- Project: SONICA First Landings | Contractor: Sonica
- Project: Dublin Airport Central | Contractor: T&I Fitouts Ltd
We will be showcasing each of these finalists and the projects for which they were nominated here in our blog over the coming weeks in the run up to the awards night, and we look forward to seeing you all for “Construction’s Big Night Out” on 14th May in the Convention Center!
For more information on the ICE Awards see: http://iceawards.ie